Terms & Conditions
- Our products are for sale to adults over the age of eighteen (18) years. By proceeding to purchase through our website, you acknowledge that you are over 18 years of age.
- Please note we only deliver to customers who live within a 50km radius of each state capital city in Australia and a 50km radius of regional cities within NSW and Victoria.
- Shocolate takes not responsibility for melted product in remote destinations; however we take all measures to ensure that this does not happen.
- If you live outside these areas please contact us for a quote and delivery information.
- We endeavor to ensure that our product list is current however we give no undertaking as to the availability of any product advertised on our website.
- All prices are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are inclusive of GST. Our price list can be accessed from our home page and we reserve the right to amend our prices at any time.
- Packaging and postage will be calculated at time of purchase. Gift Vouchers do not incur a delivery fee.
- When you order from us, we require you to provide your name, address for delivery, your email address, telephone contact and credit card details. We undertake to take due care with this information; however in providing us with such information you accept that we are not liable for its misuse due to error in transmission or virus or malware.
- We undertake to accept or reject your order within Five (5) days. If we have not responded to you within Five (5) days, your offer is deemed to be rejected. We are not required to give reasons for rejecting your offer to purchase however the most likely reason for rejecting your offer will be that we do not currently have that product in stock.
- Once you have submitted an order, you may not cancel that order even if our acceptance or rejection of your offer is still pending.
- Delivery of your ordered product/s will be as set out on our website and below at item 21. Title in the goods passes to you when we have received payment. Our terms of payment are set out on the order page.
- All risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you when we dispatch the goods. If an order is lost in transit, orders will not be replaced until such time as the original order has been located and returned to Shocolate.
- Shocolate will not accept liability for any loss or damage due to late delivery.
- Deliveries are booked on business days Monday to Thursday. Orders with a delivery address to a capital city will usually be delivered within 3 – 5 business days (excluding Perth and Darwin). Overnight service is available and requires to be quoted on individual basis.
- For regional areas and addresses in Western Australia and the Northern Territory, delivery may take up to 7 business days.
- No deliveries are shipped on Fridays to ensure chocolates are not stored in hot warehouses or depots over weekend days.
- Any orders received after 12pm on a Thursday will be shipped the following Monday.
- Please note: while we discourage our delivery suppliers leaving Shocolate parcels at your delivery address when no one is there, it is the discretion of the courier. This is unfortunately out of our control.
- Shipping time may vary during the holiday season, Christmas and Easter.
- If temperature controlled courier is not available parcels will not be shipped if the temperature is above 30 degrees C in Melbourne.
Shocolate™ uses Stripe to process all payments. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. The Shocolate™ site is SSL encrypted.
All card numbers are encrypted on disk with AES-256. Decryption keys are stored on separate machines. None of Stripe's internal servers and daemons are able to obtain plaintext card numbers; instead, they can just request that cards be sent to a service provider on a static whitelist. Stripe's infrastructure for storing, decrypting, and transmitting card numbers runs in separate hosting infrastructure, and doesn't share any credentials with Stripe's primary services (API, website, etc.).